Sunday, February 12, 2012

Matt's Baby Safety Ideas, 15 weeks

     First, I hope this post doesn't sound mean to Matt, we bicker about things all the time because it is funny.  So I didn't really get mad at him for any of this, I just laughed.  

     We went to Target the other day because I can never think of any other store to go to and I want baby clothes!  So I was looking around and Matt was sighing and we came across the safety section.  The conversation proceeded thusly:

Matt:  “Why do you need to put covers in outlets?  I’ve never seen a kid try to stick its finger in an outlet”
Me: “Maybe not but they try to stick objects in them”
Matt: “I don’t believe that, I’ve never heard of any kid doing that” (proceeds to go on a tangent)
Me: “YOU did that when you were a kid!  Your mom told me”
Matt: “Well I don’t remember that, it seems pointless. Can I get a Darth Maul action figure?”
Me: “Not with THAT attitude”

     I also told Matt I want a wipes warmer and he said “they don’t need that, that’s stupid.”  I told him since I hate the cold so much I figure our kids will too.  He said “they won’t remember it anyways, they don’t have the capacity.” Then I threatened to attack him with wet wipes and see how he likes it.  I can see how this is an unnecessary purchase but I don’t want to touch cold wipes either, so case closed.  He also refuses to use those baby carriers that you wear on your body.  To be fair, he has not complained about using cloth diapers .
     The other day he said he only wanted this one kid.  I asked him why and he said “you have no idea how hard this pregnancy has been for me."  Seriously? LOL When I asked what specifically is so terrible for him he said “I haven’t had pizza in months” Which is a lie, I've found pizza boxes on the counter when I come home from work.  My food aversions are starting to go away a little, so fingers crossed!

I'm pretty sure much of my baby bump last week was just bloat, because it shrank.  So no picture today.

How far along? 15 weeks, 1 day

Total weight gain: No idea but I doubt I gained any weight, although I've been trying to eat more.

Maternity clothes? I bought 7 shirts from old navy and target, and got my target ones in the mail a couple days ago.  I might wear one to work tomorrow but I don't necessarily need to yet.

Best pregnancy moment this week: I SWEAR I felt a little nudge today.  Just one nudge, and it didn't feel like a stomach thing.  So possibly feeling baby was a real upper :)

Miss Anything? Energy!  I took a 1 1/2 hour nap today, because I was exhausted from barely doing anything.  Then I did dishes and stuck a load of laundry in and it wore me out.  

Food cravings: I'm on my 4th popsicle in the last 2 hours.  Don't judge.  Oh and I really want chocolate chip cookies.

Looking forward to: decorating the nursery.

2 comments:

Jill said...

that's so exciting that you felt the baby yesterday! :D

city said...

thanks for your lovely sharing.

our websites are 徵信社. and 台南室內設計.

welcome to see us..