Tuesday, October 4, 2011

This is Halloween! This is Halloween!




     Well it is at our house anyways!  My title is part of a song from “The Nightmare Before Christmas.” Unfortunately these are the only words I know and I have been singing them to Matt all weekend.  He said that while my enthusiasm was contagious, he still didn’t give a fig about helping me decorate.  It was a little depressing because I am used to doing it with my family.  Plus I only had one box of decorations and I tell you that is not enough!  My mom let me take some decorations from home so it could feel more home-y for Halloween. (including the rat.) I remember trying to decide what to take last year and holding this ceramic pumpkin and a witch we’ve had my whole life.  I thought about all the Halloweens in the past and bawled my eyes out because Halloween would never be the same again.  I was a little stressed out and emotional at that time (planning a wedding and all) but the holidays have all always been a special time to me. I feel like they connect me to my past somehow.  I’m a very nostalgic person.  I had an awesome childhood :)

     I’m hoping our children take after me in the holiday department instead of after Matt.  He doesn’t hate it but to him Halloween and Christmas are each one day and they are just the same as every other day only you get presents and candy.  Maybe I’m the strange one.  My goal is to bring him away from the dark side. 

     Matt was very supportive while I dragged him to 5 stores on Sunday looking for decorations and the materials needed to make my wreath.  I bought a witch broom, some cool haunted house pictures, and a sign with a witch hat that says “I haven’t been the same since that house fell on my sister.” 

     We had a friend’s birthday party on Friday and a football party on Saturday.  The football party was fun until we lost and everyone got depressed.  Oh well, this weekend its hockey!  We also have a wedding reception for a friend I went to college with.  This is one busy month.                                                                                                                                     

I wanted to make a wreath and I loved this one by Martha Stewart.  She says to get red roses and paint them black. That looks pretty but I found black roses with purple glitter so I skipped a step.  


Here is my wreath:

   

Either my camera sucks, the lighting sucks, or the fact that it is all black just makes taking a picture difficult.  UGH.
Oh here is the fabric I will make our bathroom curtain with:


And here is my haircut.  I chopped it off!


Wow this picture is grainy too.  Oh well Matt already said he is getting a new camera for me for Christmas! 

No comments: