Tuesday, July 31, 2012

39 weeks and done. Seriously, can this be over?

I didn't take a picture this week because I'm too damn tired and apathetic.  I just want pregnancy to be over and I want my baby.  Today I thought my water broke for a second but it didn't, false alarm.  Thank you, fun pregnancy surprises.  I've been having contractions all week though, all day long.  The bump has a handy contraction calculator which is awesome for those of us who suck at math. When I time them they are irregular.  Plus it's hard to time them because although it's easy to tell when they start, they gradually fade and it's hard to tell when they stop.  I suppose when it's true labor I'll be able to identify the stops and starts?

On Saturday we went to a friend's wedding.  It was at Mahoney state park, which made for a beautiful setting.  Matt was a groomsman so we got there early.  I had to tag along in case I went into labor.  By the end of the ceremony my legs were like tree trunks and they HURT.  My skin felt really tight like my legs couldn't get any bigger.  I got lots of sympathetic looks.  Thankfully, although it's been 120 degrees every day for the past month, it was only in the 90s or so and there was a glorious breeze.  I didn't even need the fan I brought that sprayed water.  I was so tired and so much in pain that we only danced to one song at the reception and left.  It was 10:00 though so I lasted quite awhile.

On some positive notes, the other day Matt had a bad day at work and he said he wished the baby had been born so he could hold him and feel better.  How awesome is that :)  Plus did I mention Matt's 86 year old paternal grandma is here from Virginia and she will get to see her first great grandson?  She has had some health scares so no one was sure if she would ever meet her great grand-babies.  Her husband passed away before Matt was even born.

On Monday I went to Target with mom and Michelle and ended up with a box of donuts, 3 pizzas, 2 tubs of ice cream, strawberries and what you could essentially call fat pants.  Isn't that a stereotypical pregnancy cart?  I got the fairly big, comfy pants for my way home from the hospital and if they fit well I can live in them while I'm recovering.  I really dislike all the pressure maternity pants put on my belly and I don't expect to fit into my normal clothes for awhile.

My next doctors appointment is on Thursday.  She said if I haven't delivered by my due date we will start discussing our options, which I'm assuming means an induction. She said babies start pooping and it can cause in infection so she doesn't like to go too far past the due date. My due date is Saturday so it would be nice if we could schedule an induction at this appointment.  Any time now Adrian!

No comments: