Monday, December 17, 2012

Bath time success and my long baby

     Adrian was all smiles for his bath today.  I took a measuring cup and poured water in and out of it for him., which he enjoyed. Then I let him hold it.  I wrapped him in a towel so he would feel more secure and just took it off as I washed.  The heater was on and soft Christmas music was playing in the background.  Somewhere in the mix of all that, it worked. I was beginning to think he would never like the bath.

     Last Wednesday was his four month appointment.  He weighed 14 pounds 9oz (34th percentile) and was 26 1/2 inches long (89th percentile). 9 month clothing starts at 26 1/2 inches long, that's how long he is. For now his 6 month clothes still fit though.  He drinks 8oz at almost every feeding.  After Christmas I'm going to see if he's interested in solids at all because I think he's going to need more food in that little belly. 


     On Saturday we went to my parent's and decorated the Christmas tree. it definitely feels more like Christmas now. It was fun but we missed Eric.  Next I need to decorate my own tree, watch a couple of specific movies and drive around looking at Christmas lights.  I ordered Christmas cards but everyone will end up getting them after Christmas.  Just a fair warning. 


     Honestly I've spent most of the day trying to get the smell out of my diapers. I have a couple things working against me; an HE washer (doesn't use enough water, I have to trick it into adding more water) and hard water.  It's a matter of getting the right washing routine down, I just have to keep trying. Once I get everything to a science I'll do a nice update on how well cloth diapering is going for us.


   

    I want to say how horrified I was on Friday   All I could do was cry and hold Adrian close as I prayed for the families, and those poor little babies and the brave adults that lost their lives. It's a hard thing to process.

No comments: