Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Self Reflections

     Today I realized that I'm stuck up. At least I'm honest, right? My family grew up judging each other, and judging other people so I guess its not surprising. That's how we got our jollies. We watched tv and made fun of everybody. Maybe everyone does that? I'm not sure. This was just a random thought, nothing huge happened to provoke it. Except I was telling my FMIL about someone I didn't like and then I couldn't even come up with a real reason why. Maybe it was something that happened a long time ago and I just didn't change my opinion? I don't know but I really need to be more friendly. I have to change my bad habits before I have children and pass them on. BTW I'm not looking for anyone to say "you're not a snob!" because if the shoe fits...

      Anyway, Matt and I went to subway and somehow we started talking about how screwed our children will be. If they have all of our bad qualities combined they will (among other things)
*be clutzy (me)
*be afraid of everything (me again)
*have poor eyesight and hearing (both of us)
*be huge dorks (mostly matt, but both of us technically)
*have bad teeth that need braces (matt)
*be lactose intolerant (matt)
*be super stubborn (me, I used to throw HORRIBLE tantrums and so did Matt. But I'm more stubborn than he is now.)

     That's all I can think of right now, but it's pretty bad. We got a videographer! I felt like since I have videos from when I was three years old I should have some footage of my wedding. It just feels right. I think it would be awesome to watch my grandma's wedding. I kinda failed with the save the dates. I sent them sporadically and I'm not sure if everyone got them. Hopefully the invites will go better...Matt and his dad are supposed to do calligraphy on the envelopes. So we'll see how long that takes them. He says a week. Less than a week. I say "ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" Wish us luck.

No comments: