Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Curtains! And Disturbing Potential Products

The other day I learned how to thread my sewing machine.  I know, I'm so smart right? So I finally made my kitchen curtain!  I guess it's not really much of a curtain, it doesn't have a purpose except to make the window pretty.  Here is the fabric up close:





Here is the finished product:


It isn't much but it makes the kitchen feel more homey.  There aren't a lot of places to add color. Now I need to get my mom to help me learn how to use patterns.  I'm hoping to work up to baby clothes (whenever I end up needing those) and halloween costumes!  My mom always made our halloween costumes.  I remember looking in the pattern books at the craft store and it was so exciting.  The costumes in the store have gotten way better since I was a kid though.  My favorite costumes were Dorothy, and a poodle skirt that I danced around the house in all the time.  I haven't gotten over my 50's obsession but the poodle skirt is tucked away in a box.  Don't worry.

Don't ask me why, I have no idea how this conversation started but Matt and I were talking about babies or blogs or something and he said they should make a formula called "I Can't Believe It's Not Mom!"  Come to think of it we had just been at a 2 year old's birthday party and there were babies all over and I was trying to gauge how scared Matt was of them. I never got a clear answer, so I'll just go with the panicked look in his eyes.

We watched Criminal Minds all Labor Day weekend.  It was awesome.

1 comment:

Jill said...

that fabric is soo pretty! and those curtains are impressive! you'll have to teach me your mad skillz!!!

the "I can't believe it's not mom" formula" idea is fantastic. i started laughing so hard when i read that shad asked me what i was laughing about :)