Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Not my brightest moment

     Adrian has started laughing.  It's freaking adorable.  He was laughing and smiling while Matt made weird noises, then he laughed at Auntie Michelle for a few minutes while she tapped his nose and made a "boop!" noise.  My mom got him a little ladybug cellphone that makes phone noises, a squeaky voice and music and he was smiling at it this morning.  I love it when he is awake and happy!  He loves being put upright on your shoulder; his little head bobs around and his eyes go wide.  He will crane his neck as far as it will go to look around and he lifts his eyebrows and gets a bunch of wrinkles that make me think of an old man.

Old man wrinkles

I'm in love with this little boy :)



     My mom said he is starting to look more like me; he has my face shape, long eyelashes and big eyes.  Matt is in total denial and said she is just trying to make me feel better.  He said "I'm sorry Julie, he is all Palmer."  Well I'M a Palmer, so his argument doesn't mean anything.  Time will tell.


     This weekend we have a wedding and Matt is the best man.  Adrian is coming along because I still can't leave him with a sitter.  Even a grandma.  I just feel like he still needs his mom.  Plus it's hard when you breastfeed because you don't want to mess with your supply.  We do have a wedding in October that he will be babysat for, but he will be closer to three months.  This will be hard because (for example) he is currently sleeping in his swing, has been there for about half an hour and I'm starting to miss him...and he is about 6 feet away.

This week Michelle and I went to a baby fair.  It's like a bridal fair, but with a baby theme.  There were some stores, hospitals, cake bakers, photographers etc.  It was fun; I'm surprised I contained myself and didn't buy more cloth diapers.  I was holding Adrian in a sling and about halfway through our stay...you guessed it...Adrian peed on me.  All over.  I left my house in a hurry because I was late so I forgot that I didn't have extra clothes for him, or the diaper changing pad.  So I ended up changing him on my bag on the floor of the bathroom and all I had for him was a pair of sweatpants and a clean diaper.  Not my brightest moment.  So I swaddled him up and we stayed for a little longer because who would leave before the baby crawling/walking races?  They were adorable by the way.

     Adrian had another appointment and he weighed 8lbs 9 ounces!  He is getting back on track for weight gain, thank goodness.  He needs to earn the "I'm bringing chubby back" onesie Michelle got for him.

     In the morning we like to chill and sing to Adrian.  Currently he likes "Bohemian Rhapsody" both the original and muppet versions. Score.


No comments: