Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Emilee's Wedding and my one month old

     This past weekend Emilee got married!  I met Emilee in our freshman year of college.  We had several classes together and sat next to each other in English.  I told her I liked her purse, and we made some remark on the time and became friends. It was that simple.  We were roomies for two years and she was a bridesmaid in my wedding.  Her husband Aaron went to Peru too, and I had a couple of classes with him.  I didn't know him very well but we talked a few times.  He fits in well with our group of friends and it's really cool that Emilee and Jill both have husbands they met in Peru.  We have a nice little group going and I'm excited for the Palmers, Slaters and Reeces to continue being friends (forever!!) and for our kids to grow up together.

     So onto the wedding, I didn't take any pictures because it was too hectic and I might have forgotten.  Matt was supposed to come and help with Adrian, but he told me the night before that his work didn't give him the day off, and instead they made him work a double.  So I panicked.  This was 12:45 AM on Saturday.  He called his mom and she said she was available.  What a lifesaver!  She watched Adrian all day and followed me to the hair salon, Target (because I forgot a pacifier) Burger King for lunch and Emilee's house, which is where the ceremony and reception took place.  I'm so sad I didn't get pictures because I loved all of the details.  She had photographs of them growing up clothes-pinned on a line, several mason jars with candles inside as centerpieces on the tables, lacy table cloths, chinese lanterns with strings of lights above the dance floor/ceremony site and the cutest wedding dress ever.  Her colors were gray and yellow and I honestly thought it was perfect.  Her cake wasn't done correctly but as far as I know that was the only issue.  I danced with Adrian in my arms and he mostly slept.  I planned to leave at 10 but several minutes before my planned departure Adrian peed all over my bridesmaid dress.  Thank goodness we were outside!

     My baby is one month old!  He is growing so fast.  We are going to take him to get weighed sometime this week but he is starting to get too tall for his newborn clothes.  He has more awake periods now, but he still eats constantly.  He smiles, coos, and he makes a snorting sound when he is frustrated while trying to eat.  It reminds me of Sophie, my parent's dog.  I feel like I should measure his feet and keep track because they must be bigger already.  We compared them to Anakin's feet (he is 7 months) and they are about the same length.  He currently loves being held, eating, lights, eating, the outdoors, food, daddy's inspirational talks and the Cowboys.  So he is pretty much your typical one month old.  Except for the fact that he is perfect.  So far he dislikes baths and being put down.







I thought the lighting was better but I guess that will teach me to use the flash.  They're kinda grainy :(


     I don't think I've mentioned yet that Michelle is pregnant too!  Or did I?  I have no idea but we just found out she is having a boy.  Adrian will have a cousin only 5 months younger than him.  I think they'll be in the same grade.  Carters had a 50% off sale so Michelle and I went together and scored some good deals.  Fall is coming!  I had to get Adrian some warm clothes since all my shopping for him was done in the summer.

     As I write this I'm washing my cloth diapers, and my plan is for Adrian to be in them tomorrow!  I'm way to excited for it.  Also, I turned in my resignation today and I'm officially a stay at home mom!  SAHM for short.  I'm so excited to get my house together, do some fall crafts, start baking again and watch my little boy grow up.  Slowly, he can grow up slowly.

No comments: