Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Concrete proof that I am a total nerd

     So Buffy the Vampire Slayer was my favorite show back in the day. Okay it still is one of my favorite shows because it is AWESOME. So when my brother told me they were doing a Buffy movie, I was a little hesitant. Last time a movie was mentioned it was canceled so I didn't want to get my hopes up. Well I made the right move because they are making a movie, but it's without the original cast and Joss Whedon (the creator). SHAME. I suppose the new audience might be twi-hards who have not experienced the joys of Buffy and prefer their vampires to sparkle like pixies and their heroines to have the emotional range of Martha Stewart. They are totally alienating the original Buffy fans and I cannot see it working out. At least the movie wont have anything to do with the series though, its a "darker" re-imagining of the movie. Wow. I have never proven what I nerd I am before, but there you have it. And it's going to get worse. Despite what my angry rant might lead you to believe, I do think Martha Stewart is a genius and I am on team Jacob. Don't judge me.

No comments: