Monday, November 28, 2011

Maybe it’s all in my head

        My parents let us borrow their fake tree this Christmas. (Thanks Mom!)  I put it up two Sundays ago all by myself because Matthew said “IT’S NOT CHRISTMAS YET.”  He did, however, help me move the furniture so I forgive him.  We finally decorated last night and I think it’s beautiful.  I can’t decide if I want tinsel, or a bead garland or anything else.  



Also on the 20th I went to lunch with my Aunt Patty.  We went to a Chinese restaurant because I could currently live off of fried rice.  I am so bad at keeping secrets, I already told her the next blanket I am making is for her.  I just can’t promise when it will be done, as I am a total procrastinator and often get distracted by shiny objects and donuts.  Maybe if I had more self-control my face wouldn’t be so chubby and people would stop mistaking me for a 17 year old.  Maybe that’s all in my head and I actually pass for early 20’s?  Maybe I shouldn’t have made that giant bowl of puppy chow…

Anyhow, Matt was completely helpless when he realized he was eating lunch alone.  “What am I going to eat?  What am I going to do?” He said he would do the dishes and clean up his messes and study.  So when I got home he was sitting on the couch with Chris playing video games and hadn’t accomplished any said tasks.  Don’t feel too sorry for the kid.

Last week Matt a round cake for me; red velvet with cream cheese frosting.  


He did a pretty good job but he was sad because it didn’t look like my mother’s cakes. 

Matt:“She makes it look so easy!”
Me: “Well she has been doing it most of her life”
Me: “Wait, what about my cakes?  You’re comparing yours to my mom’s but I make cakes too!”
Matt: “Well you’ve only made me one”

TOTAL lie, I have made several round cakes that he has gotten to eat so I was incredibly offended.

We celebrated my dad’s birthday on the 15th.  We were discussing his age:

Me: “You’re 49 now, right?”
Dad: “Yeah, 49”
Christian: “you’re 90 what??”
(Everybody laughs)
Mom (or somebody): “99”
Christian: “wow next year you’ll be 100!”
Me: “If he makes it”

I should have written it down earlier but that’s my best recollection.  All was explained to Christian and the eating of the cake commenced. 

I hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

No comments: