Friday, December 2, 2011

Then I called her a mean name

Matt’s been sick for several days and he had to have some dental work done on Monday, poor guy.  Today he texted me to say that he got the flu shot:

Me: Sweet!
Matt: No its not sweet lol, I only got it because I didn’t want you to nag me lol.  I asked for a tmnt (teenage mutant ninja turtles) Band-Aid and the nurse just looked at me like I was crazy
Me: ROFLMAO did she give you one?
Matt: no she gave me a generic adhesive medical bandage strip

Then I called her a mean name and offered to buy him some. He declined. They just want to beat the unique qualities and creativity out of everyone.  All of a sudden you’re an adult and you have to favor plain, boring bandages.  What is the world coming to?

On Saturday we took Christian and Caroline to a hockey game.  I was pretty excited; I thought they would love it.  We gave them three rules before we got out of the car.

#1. listen to us
#2. don’t ask us for anything
#3. be polite/nice

Side note: I made these rules up on the spot because I am a genius.  However, those of you who took “classroom management” know that #2 is a BAD rule because it is negative, not positive.  FAIL.  It should be “keep your requests to yourself” or perhaps “keep your head in the game” Aren’t you excited to see our house rules when we have kids? ; ) 

Anyhow, after about half an hour of me trying to make sure Caroline didn’t accidently hit the woman in front of us with her pom-pom, and telling Christian not to kick the seat in front of him, Caroline said “you can get a snack if you want.”  Christian said “I’m starving” and couldn’t remember what they ate for dinner (chicken nuggets and fries).  So after the second period Matt was going to get some donuts and lemonade to share.  Caroline was bored by the second period. She kept asking if it was time for a snack, while she played with her chair.  Even the mascot and the giant floating Wimmer's wiener did not entertain for long.  I did hear Caroline trying to cheer, and while she got the words wrong the tune was spot on.  For the most part they were well behaved, and our team won.

No comments: