Friday, February 22, 2013

A couple milestones and an off color joke

     First, Adrian rolled over from his back to his tummy! I knew he could do it, because he kept rolling onto his side and grabbing his feet.  He just lacked the motivation until now.  He was reaching for a toy. This is his coy smile a couple minutes later:

.

He also started dancing last night!  He was shaking his head side to side and moving his body after someone sang on American Idol.  I got a video on my phone but I've heard it's hard for some people to watch.  I'll see if I can get it on youtube later:



I'm so proud, we'll have to break out the WHAM tapes and dance some more.  WHAM, Paula Abdul and the Dirty Dancing soundtrack bring me back to my early childhood.  Among other music, but those stick out.

     Before Adrian had these moments of growing up, we went to Minnesota to visit Matt's side of the family last weekend.  We left Friday night and I was excited to spend all that quality time with my husband.  Except Adrian was not happy, and I had to sit with him the majority of the trip.  This was his first car trip, so it's understandable.  On the way, we stopped at a little restaurant/gas station in a small town.  Matt went inside to get snacks and when he came out he announced this gem:

Matt: "It smelled like ranch in there, and the average age was 80.  Julie, if you went inside the property values would have dropped"
Me: /dead laughing

Matt always says "smells like ranch" when he's talking about a majorly white population.  He's white so he can say that, right?

Adrian found his feet.  I believe his next goal is getting them in his mouth.

     Besides Adrian being ticked off, the trip went well.  We stayed at his grandparent's house, and they are very nice, giving people. We hung out at his Aunt Cheryl's all day Saturday and Adrian did pretty well and let people hold him and play with him.  He tried peas and liked them.  Matt pretty much played video games with his cousin all day, so he was happy.  I mostly socialized and took care of Adrian.  I also fell on the ice, but thank goodness I wasn't holding him. Barb was grilling steak and it caught fire.  It was kind of funny, but they weren't totally ruined; mine still tasted good. It was a nice visit but the ride home was again, not very fun.  I was hoping he would sleep a lot.  Maybe next time.




        I hope I didn't offend anyone with Matt's joke, we just tease each other all the time about all sorts of things but he's not really racist I promise.

Most of you have seen this on Facebook, but he fell asleep in his jumperoo and I thought it was adorable.  I took a picture and got him out because it also looked uncomfortable.

I noticed that cord is in a lot of my pictures.  Oops.  It's for my computer.  We need to babyproof!

No comments: