Wednesday, February 6, 2013

6 Months


My little man is 6 months old! He is getting so big and I am cherishing these fleeting moments of his babyhood.  Here is what Adrian is like these days:


His likes and dislikes are the same as last month, except he now likes the bath.  Thank goodness.  In fact he learned to splash this week.  I had to change my shirt :)

Able to:
  • Reach the floor in his jumperoo. Hurray!
  • Sit for a few seconds without assistance.  We're working on it.
  • Grab his feet.  I'm sure they will be in his mouth any day now.
  • Grow hair!  I swear, every morning it's a little thicker and darker.  
  • (He's starting to) reach up when he wants to be held.
Other:
  • He's starting to make a beeline for anything I'm holding or touching.  i.e. my phone, the remote, the computer.  He wants to suck on them of course.  Yum!
  • He makes the most adorable sounds.  I have to get some of them on tape; they are music to my ears.
  • We have started using baby sign language!  It's ASL (American Sign Language). We are starting off with 5: mama, daddy, diaper change, eat, milk.  You slowly add on while everyone learns them.  Hopefully in a couple of months he will try to sign back.  
  • When you carry him he will hold onto your hair; if he can't hang onto your hair, as in Matt's case, he just grabs your neck skin. 
I gotcha where I want ya, and now I'm gonna eat ya!

Monkey's do not taste good.

We have his 6 month doctor's appointment coming up shortly, so I'll have his stats then.  I'm guessing he's at least 17 pounds and 27 inches. We shall see!

That's a bright diaper, dude.

No comments: