Thursday, July 11, 2013

4th of July

   

     We had a great 4th of July.  In the afternoon we went to our favorite park with Matt's parent's.  They had never been to the pond before, and they liked it.  They brought KFC and we brought a picnic basket with some necessities.  It was a beautiful day.  Adrian got to eat potatoes, mac and cheese and chicken and he loved it.


     We went for a walk around the pond and after we left the park we went to Michael's craft store.  That evening we had Wendy's and met my parents near the house where we watched the fireworks.  Dad's club (I don't know what else to call it) sells fireworks and donates the money, but use the leftovers and some awesome ones they pick out to do a huge, organized fireworks show.  It lasts about 10 minutes.  We brought headphones for Adrian.  Before we put them on he was really quiet and didn't like the noises.  When he wore them he went back to being himself and he absolutely loved the light show.  He stared and smiled and laughed.  He got hyper when it was over and I feared he would never go to sleep.




Fascinated

Fortunately he passed out, albeit in the middle of the bed, facing the wrong way.

     The next day we started going to party stores to shop for Adrian's party.  I'm determined to be way more organized with this party than I normally am.  I think I'm doing well so far.  On friday we went to Nobbies and I found a few things, but not the right colors of streamers or tissue paper.  So on Saturday we went to the Dollar Store and Hobby Lobby and had a little more luck. I ended up going to Party City on Sunday and finally I'm done with decoration shopping.  I'm either really dedicated or a little sad.

     After our shopping on Saturday we went to my parent's to visit Eric who was in town.  The babies played in a little pool and then we all just hung out.  Matt went to do something with Chris, and they came back at dinner time so we could go get Chinese food.  Adrian did pretty well at the restaurant, but I often wonder how much food actually makes it into his mouth.

     On Sunday we went to our Church's new site.  We have multi sites, and this one is in a nice hotel.  It was a great service and I learned a really good song called One Thing Remains.  Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_KXsMCJgBQ



     We had an early dinner and Aunt Patty came. The next day Adrian and I went there for dinner and I gave him berries and some meat.  He loved the berries and they were all over his face and the high chair.  My dad sat next to him, didn't even touch him and said he still got berries on the side of his shirt somehow.  I ran Adrian upstairs to the bathtub.  I forgot an extra onesie though and he had to go home in one of Caroline's old shirts with daisies on it.  Matt was not pleased.  It was hilarious.

     In the interest of future, 13 year old Adrian I won't post a picture of him in the shirt.  You're welcome, kid.



No comments: