Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Date Night

     Adrian is better and has his appetite back.  As hard as it is to chase him and clean up after him all day, it sure beats seeing him sick and crying every couple hours because he feels so awful.



     This weekend Matt and I went on a date.  Matt's parents watched Adrian and we went to a hibachi grill.  It's a fun place to have a date, but both of us were a little nervous because we had three other couples at our table that we didn't know.  They were nice though.  The whole time I was dreading the part that always happens: when they throw shrimp so you can catch it with your mouth.  To me, this is gross and inappropriate in a restaurant.  It doesn't bother me when other people do it, but I don't want to.  Call me a prude, call me a party pooper, I will own that. I have all kinds of hang ups.  The list would be very long. So when the time came he asked if I was ready:

Me: "I don't want to, I don't like shrimp"
Him: "That's okay" (proceeds to take some of my chicken instead)
Me:"I just don't want to do it at all, it grosses me out"
Him: "Are you sure?  Just try it" (starts to get ready to toss)
Me: "I'll duck" "have you ever seen Daria?"
Him: "party pooper" (turns to Matt and says something about feeling sorry for him, in a joking way)
Matt:"Help me."

So even though I'm LAME everyone else had fun.  The food was delicious and I got my fried rice kick for the week.

After this we were going to walk around the outdoor mall, but we took so long trying to find a parking spot that we gave up.  So next we went to a comic book store because I agreed to it beforehand.  I ended up getting the first comic of Buffy from season 8 and Matt got nothing, so who's the nerd now?  I've read what happens in the comics and it gets insane and I refused to accept any of it as cannon.  I've decided to give it a chance.

After the comic book store we got ice cream and parked and talked while we ate it.  Was our date like a high school date?  I don't care, it was nice.

On Friday we were supposed to go to a concert at a vineyard but it got cancelled.  So we played video games together.  I suck at current video games.  There are too many buttons!  I can't keep up.





     Adrian has started this new thing where he squeezes his fingers in and out like he's milking a cow.  He uses both hands and it means "come here" "pick me up" or "give me that food".  I think he learned it from Matt, who motions "come here" with his fingers in a similar fashion.  It's so cute, I'll have to get a video.  Of Adrian, not Matt.

No comments: