Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Matt's Birthday

25 years ago today, the love of my life was born.  I cannot believe we have known each other for almost ten years now.  It makes me wonder what the next ten years will bring!  God has blessed us so much, and I am incredibly grateful for Matt and the wonderful life we have started together. Isn’t he handsome?



It’s Christopher’s birthday too of course, but he thinks blogging is for emo kids and hipsters; so he doesn’t get much of a shout out.  Nevertheless he is an awesome friend and brother-from-another-mother and I’m grateful for him too.

In case you don’t know what an emo kid is* (Aunt Patty) its basically a kid with dark hair that wears skinny jeans, too much mascara, has no enthusiasm and acts like life sucks.  Then the emo kids slowly morphed into hipsters* as they grew older.  They kept the skinny jeans, but have a slightly more positive outlook on life. 
This is Matts (edited) definition of a hipster: "Someone who tries to be ironic and puts a lot of effort and care into appearing like they don’t care”

Chris’ definition: “People I don’t like”

Not very helpful Chris, but true all the same.

*Disclaimer: This is not a scientific answer, just my best attempt at expressing my understanding of what a hipster/emo is.  I know a hipster, so I can say anything I want. Thank you.


No comments: