Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas and a visit from Tom

Last Wednesday we got to hang out with Tom and went to see the new Mission Impossible movie.  Then on Thursday we ate at Dave and Busters with our high school friends. I hardly ever see Laura anymore so it was fun to talk to her. We had an awesome waiter and played a bunch of games.  I beat Matt at a racing game even though I was sitting there trying to figure out what I was doing.  I’m sure that made him feel real manly.  He got 200 tickets and all he had to show for it was a Spiderman smarties dispenser. 

On Christmas Eve we went to my parents’ house.  We always have a variety of appetizers for dinner and then open presents.  We normally play games afterwards but Michelle had to take Christian to his dad’s which takes two hours round trip so we watched a Muppet Christmas Carol and snuck one game of catch phrase in before midnight service.  When I was around 8 years old I remember holding a candle at midnight mass but that’s not what they do here L I was a little bummed.

We went to Minnesota for three days and celebrated Christmas with Mattt’s mom’s family the week before Christmas.  That’s normally what Matt’s family does for Christmas but they decided to do it earlier this year. On Christmas day we went to Matt’s parents in the morning, opened presents, ate lunch and the boys watched Captain America while I took a nap.  There was no Christmas tree; it reminded me of this movie our grandma used to make us watch “The House without a Christmas Tree.”  That title really gets to the point.  At night we went to my parents for a candlelight dinner and watched “White Christmas.”  I just always loved the way my family does Christmas and it is so fun to pick out presents for everyone.  It's hard to let go of the holidays but there are more exciting things to come in the next year!

We pretty much went out every night after Christmas and Tom left for home this morning.  We probably wont get to see him until August :(  He has visited us a lot so we were hoping to visit him in Washington this summer but I don't think that is going to work out. 

 I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas!  

No comments: