Saturday, April 28, 2012

26 weeks and a nursery chill pill

     So I totally failed on the 25 week post and picture.  I didn't even take a picture.  I might just do surveys every couple weeks or so, I don't want to get repetitive.

So here is a 26 week picture:


     We had an appointment on Wednesday and I measured at 26 weeks (a couple days early) so everything is good.  We heard his heartbeat and he was kicking the monitor thing.  He seems to move the most when I'm on my back or my side.  So last night I was on my side, ready to go to sleep and I felt my belly totally spazzing.  There were limbs and either a head or bottom flying everywhere.  That's what it felt like anyways.  I would love to know whats going on in there!  So Matt got to feel it, and I don't think he has ever felt that much movement.  He hasn't felt the limbs before either so he really liked that.  He said it made his day :)  I also felt hiccups in the morning for the first time.  So cute!


     I realized that I’ve spent way too much time researching for Adrian’s nursery.  It’s really hard when I see all these pictures of perfect nurseries on the internet; it makes me feel like I want a perfect nursery too!  This is ridiculous though, who is even going to see it?  My family won’t care if the furniture matches and Adrian won’t know if his curtains match his bed skirt.  My MIL gave us a dresser and I was planning on painting it white but then I realized Adrian might not appreciate a white dresser once he gets older. It’s really a perfect dresser for a boy the way it is.  It’s nice and sturdy and there’s nothing wrong with the wood finish.  I still want the room to look nice and there’s nothing wrong with that, but I’m going to take a chill pill and not worry so much about perfection.  One thing I know I want for sure is a couple canvases with quotes painted on them.  So here are a few that I’ve found that I really like:

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
— J. K. Rowling

What you are is God’s gift to you, what you become is your gift to God
- unknown

"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
— Walt Disney

A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.
-Winnie the Pooh

"there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
- Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh


     I LOVE quotes so I'm sure I will do tons of research before I pick something.  I think the nursery will have blue walls with green accents instead of the yellow I picked at first.  There are some gingham curtains and a crib dust ruffle in green on the Target website, so I might just go for that.  I'm making this way too complicated!  Matt is going to draw a couple cartoon-y monsters and I'm going to get a few ugly dolls and make an ugly doll mobile.  It will be a subtle but fun theme.

     Hopefully in 14 weeks I will have Adrian in my arms.  I told him he is not allowed to be late because we have to go to Emilee's wedding!

No comments: