Thursday, April 5, 2012

22 weeks and baby gets a name

This weekend I went on another shopping spree with my mom and sister at the Carter’s outlet in Gretna.  I got about 27 articles of clothing for the same price that one dress from Anthropologie would cost.  Plus my mom bought a couple outfits.  I wasn’t even jealous of the girls clothes (except all the polka dots, I wish boys could wear polka dots.)  Everything is just so adorable.  I got two more overalls, tons of onesies, some of those mittens so he can’t scratch his face, a hoodie, and my mom bought a hoodie with a crab on it and little sweatpants.  This boy is going to have some awesome clothes.  I’m loving the cartoony monsters on a lot of the boys clothes.  Then we went to Osh Kosh, which I wasn’t as successful at.  I did get a navy and white sweater vest, and a white polo onesie, and a navy gingham dress shirt onesie to go under it.  It’s freaking adorable.  I got little khaki’s for pants. 

Matt had a bachelor party ALL day Saturday (first golf, then bars) so I hung out with my mom, Michelle and Caroline.  We went to Applebee’s for lunch, then shopping.  We watched a movie and ate pizza and I spent the night.  My mom bought a memory foam mattress for her guest bed.  It was amazing. 

Tom came to town for a couple days, so on Friday we went to Genji’s restaurant. and then saw “Wrath of the Titans” which was okay, but of course I hated the violence.  We got home by midnight and I felt so old because we used to hang out until 2 AM

On Sunday we ate subway at our park.  The weather was so beautiful.  Then we did some grocery shopping and I took a nap.  We are so exciting.  On Monday I convinced Matt that we need to settle on a name.  I’m just impatient and we’ve both liked this name the most for the past few days.  So the baby is: Adrian Thomas Palmer.  I’m so excited to finally have a name!  So now I don’t have to say “baby” all the time.  Although Matt’s mom has been calling Adrian “Danger” or Dange” as a nickname until we told her the real name.  I think it would be funny if it stuck as a nickname. 




  • How far along? 22 weeks
  • Total weight gain: 4 pounds!  (Since last month)
  • Maternity clothes?  I need more summer clothes and a bathing suit.
  • Best moment this week:  When Matt came home the other day and was telling me about work and the baby started moving like crazy because of Matt’s voice J      
  • Miss Anything? Sometimes I miss my figure, but I’m the one that was impatient for a baby bump so I can’t really complain lol 
  • Movement: Mostly at night, mostly when I’m lying down, and it will never happen when someone is waiting to feel it.  He’s so stubborn.   
  • Food cravings: Sweets.  All sweets, but mostly sweets with frosting.  My OB said she used to eat M&M’s for breakfast, so I don’t feel too bad.   
  • Food aversions: None that I didn’t have before I was pregnant.
  • Gender: Boy!
  • Symptoms: Really weird dreams.  Last night something evil was pretending to be my mom, but I knew, so I yelled at it and beat the shit out of it and told it it better not do that again.  It didn’t look like my mom when I was beating it up though, cuz that would just be weird.  I’m brave in dreams.
  • Belly Button in or out? Practically an outie.
  • Looking forward to: Easter, and April 27th when we get the keys to our townhouse!

No comments: