Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Return of the Cloth Diaper Addiction; 24 weeks


     My MIL and her sister went shopping in Minnesota and she came back with tons of clothes for Adrian, as well as some blankets, socks, bibs, booties, and an awesome closet organization set for his room.  That was fun to look through!  So I really have no idea how many clothes I need, and if I have enough 0-3 month clothes or too many newborn clothes.  My guess is yes to both, but who knows how many changes he will go through every day, how big he will be at birth and how fat he will get.  I was a porker.  With an afro.  Matt was two months premature and a twin, so that gives no clues. 

   On Saturday I went to my parent’s house because of the bad storms.  The weather was pretty uneventful in my neck of the woods, thank goodness.  Michelle and Caroline were there too, so it was a nice Saturday.  Mom finally felt Adrian give a good kick, and then of course he stopped when Michelle tried to feel him.  Cheeky little buggar. 

     On Sunday I bought three Thirsties diaper covers because they were on clearance for $9.78!  So I got white, aqua and light blue.  Then I ordered a “free” ($11 shipping) baby sling from an online store thanks to a coupon from Motherhood Maternity.  Then I started a Target registry online in order to keep myself from buying anything else.  I mostly registered for a few things that are only sold online, like cloth diapers, furniture etc.  So if anyone looks at my registry and thinks I’m stupid for registering for diaper covers and no prefolds, it’s because I thought they were too expensive.  I heard you could get them for less than a buck each, so I’m not paying more.  I’m surprised they don’t have snappis.  I’m not all that impressed with their cloth diaper selection; they barely had any colors to choose from and it’s a little confusing to navigate.  I only ended up with 28 items but I plan on having my mom and sister help me soon. 

     I’m feeling a little addicted to cloth diapers again, but according to people on the internet it’s perfectly normal.  



How far along? 24 weeks

Total weight gain: 7.6 pounds

Maternity clothes?  My belly band is starting to get too tight, but it doesn’t matter because today I realized my work pants are too tight, even all the way unzipped.  And these used to be my “slightly too big” pants before I was pregnant.  Ugh I hate buying pants.

Best moment this week:  I was lying in bed and felt Adrian kicking really hard and I watched my belly move all over the place.  I felt his whole bottom go across my belly.  Either that or it was his head, it was a big round shape.  Matt was a little creeped out, he keeps comparing it to aliens.

Miss Anything? Twirly dresses   

Movement: Right by my ribs at the moment.  Sometimes I think I can feel him stretching.  I’m wondering what hiccups feel like, I haven’t felt anything like that yet.

Food cravings: Totinos pizza, tacos

Food aversions: roast beef

Gender: Boy, and he’s got the wardrobe to prove it

Symptoms: Feels like my belly has gotten as big as it can go, but my womb is pushing against it.  Like a pressure.  I thought I was just full at first but then it didn’t stop until I put lotion on it like my mom advised.  Duh Julie.  Also back pain, I can’t get into a comfy sleeping position.

Looking forward to: April 27th when we get the keys to the townhouse, and May 17 when we get the anatomy scan

No comments: