Thursday, August 16, 2012

2 week check up

     Adrian weighs 7lbs 4oz!  He gained 6oz in a week, and our goal was 1/2 an oz a day. He lost too much weight after birth because of our feeding issues but the doctor is pleased with his progress.  Our next appointment is his 2 month appointment in October.  The first round of shots :( Hopefully we get some meat on those bones.

     Matt is getting impatient and wants to be able to give him bottles, so since the doctor approves we are going to start introducing them soon. Still just breastmilk, no formula.  I think Matt feels like he doesn't get to help out very much.  All Adrian does is sleep and eat.  He eats for about 45 minutes straight.  Then eating makes him pass out.  Matt and Chris compare this to a frat boy.

     I just realized my mom sent these pics to me awhile ago.  Shows how much I pay attention!

First family picture!

Being held by Papa (my dad)

This is a Matt face.

     Adrian had his first trip to Target today!  This is a big deal ya'll. We live at Target. He slept the whole time but it's because he passed out from the excitement.  He and daddy looked at manly toys (star wars) while I had a nervous breakdown about the cost of the pump the nurse recommended.  $300 for a Medela pump and they didn't even have the other one she recommended, Ameda.  I was told that insurance might pay for it, so we are looking into that.  

It's nice getting full days to spend with Matt again. :)

No comments: