Wednesday, August 15, 2012

"That Parent"

     Yesterday we had a bbq for Eric since he was in town.  We finally all got to be together for the first time in months.  So Matt was hogging holding the baby in the kitchen when all of a sudden Adrian peed all over him and mom's kitchen floor.  Thank goodness it wasn't the carpet!  Then it happened again while I was feeding him, and it just happened again today while I was holding him on my couch.  I think I know the solution but this subject has gone on long enough.  I don't want Adrian coming to me in 13 years asking why the hell I wrote about this stuff on the net.

     I'm going to do monthly pictures of Adrian on this chair, with the monkey to give a sense of scale, and because who doesn't love fun props?  Technically it's going to start at one month but I thought I would just stick a newborn picture in there too.  Kind of hard to do with such a squirmy baby, maybe I should have a back up plan.  My dad bought the monkey for him and I decided it will be his lovey.  I mean, I guess that's for him to decide but I'm sure it will turn out that way.






     Can you tell it's hard to decide which pictures to put up?  Hopefully he is plumping up, it's kind of hard to tell when I'm with him 24/7.  We have his 2 week check up at the doctor tomorrow and we are praying for a weight of at least 7 pounds and one ounce.  We weighed him on my dad's meat scale on sunday and he was 7lbs 2 oz so I think we've met our goal.  However the doctor's scale will have to agree with us.

     Matt keeps showing pictures to his coworkers.  He said he never thought he would be "that parent" but he is.  It's like that website that says "you used to be fun, now you have a baby" lol.  Except Matt is still fun, he just has new material to work with.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I LOVE baby pics! Adrian is so lovable. It's so cute the way you have the monkey's arm on the arm of the chair :) I look forward to seeing Adrian sit right next to him when the time comes.