Thursday, January 31, 2013

I bought MOM JEANS

   
     Remember how I'm always saying that I'm going to organize my house and get it together?  It has begun! Last weekend we bought a coat rack to hang on the inside of our basement closet door, a file system for all the papers we need to keep, storage bins for baby and maternity clothes, and we looked for a mail holder but only found one cheap looking one. It doesn't sound like a lot but it set the wheels in motion and now that all the clutter has somewhere to go, it's much easier to keep the living room and kitchen clean.

     Adrian's room is seldom used, so it has partly become a storage space.  I started working on it today. I just have to get Matt to help me move a bench, and I have to clean out a couple of boxes and it will be ready to decorate!  Matt and I decided it wouldn't have a theme beyond the colors (blue, yellow and white) so I have thought of some random decorations.  I already have a few things to put on the wall and then I need to finish his curtains and bed skirt.  Once it's finished I'm going to bite the bullet and let him sleep in his room. I'll try getting him to take naps in there first so he gets used to it. He sleeps through the night, so it really is time.  The problem is that he wakes up if I'm not right next to him.  In the middle of the night, sometimes he'll check to see if I'm still there. My poor baby is going to feel all alone!  I'm seriously welling up with tears guys, this is not going to be fun. I have to woman up though, because I don't want a 7 year old in my bed. Also I'm sick of sleeping on my side.


Ignore that cord, it was a Kodak moment but Adrian didn't stay there by himself or anything.


   
     Every day I can tell that Adrian's hair is getting thicker.  I'll miss his little bald head but I'm so excited to see what he'll look like with a full head of hair!  I think it will be the same color as Matt's.

     During our shopping trip I also got jeans. I have never been so excited to buy jeans in my life, I was so desperate. A couple days later I asked my family what mom jeans are.  Then without knowing what my jeans looked like, my mom pretty much described my jeans.  I bought MOM JEANS, holy cow. That SNL skit about mom jeans keeps playing through my head. However, my jeans don't have pleats and they don't go quite so high. They were in the junior section at Target, so I'm only half serious.  I certainly don't want a muffin top.  They fit well, they look good and I'm over it.  I might have to find a new look that doesn't involve cardigans though.


No comments: