Tuesday, May 22, 2012

29 weeks and a trip to Lincoln


     We are getting so close!  Excuse the picture, I took a two hour nap on the couch and then made a pie so I look a little disheveled.  But hey, my bump is growing and that’s what’s important.




     This weekend I finally got to see my Peru friends after about 4 long months.  Well I saw Emilee last weekend but still, it’s been way too long and we must never wait that long again!  I’ve never driven to Lincoln by myself before but it worked out okay.  We met at Walmart and checked out a few garage sales.  The first one had tons of baby clothes but I was nervous because Jill asked the lady how much the clothes were and she said “make me an offer.”  I guess I prefer having a price because I have no idea what to offer.  I like set rules.  Plus I just have no idea what size the baby needs and I’m nervous to buy too many clothes until I know how big he really is.  I get all confused about the sizing and often depend on store tags to help because they give a weight range.  So Emilee pointed out a couple cute things but I was silently panicking.  Jill bought a whole pile of clothes for $5 and I walked away a garage sale failure.  I guess I need some practice.

     Next we headed to Trader Joe’s where Emilee and Aaron bought hipster food (sushi and hummus.)  Then we got drinks at Panera and looked for yellow dresses at VonMaur for Emilee’s wedding.  Jill tried on two really cute dresses but they were so short; not really bridesmaid appropriate.  I think I’m going to stalk Anthropologie for my dress and see if any yellow dresses in my size happen to go on sale.  A girl can dream.  Lastly we went to Red Robin.  It was so fun seeing Anakin again, he’s so cute!  He seems like a really happy baby.  Jill said he normally gets scared of strangers but he wasn’t scared of Emilee and I.   I was just thinking we need to get more pictures when we hang out because I don’t have any.

     On my way home, I drove through Lincoln and a storm was following me.  Every time I got stuck at a red light it would catch up and downpour.  I found a gas station and I should have waited, but I wasn’t thinking and while I was pumping my gas it down poured on me.  I would normally like it but I wasn’t wearing the right shoes.  Plus it was kind of cold.  I parked and waited for a few minutes because driving in that much rain scares me.  Driving on the interstate is scary enough.  So anyways, I ended up driving next to the storm and then once I got home it attacked.  Oh and Jill lent a bunch of her maternity clothes to me and most of them fit.  It’s so exciting to get new-to-me clothes during pregnancy; especially since I get all depressed when I see all the cute new clothes in stores that I can’t wear right now.  I miss my dresses so much…

In other news, I got a text Sunday night from Eric that said “OMFG they are playing a Buffy song from the musical episode of Buffy at this gay bar!!!  FOLLOWED BY ELEPHANT LOVE MEDLEY FROM MOULIN ROUGE” ...I think I have to go there.

No comments: