Monday, May 7, 2012

Graduation and 27 weeks


Matt graduated this weekend!  He wouldn’t let me take very many pictures, so this is all I got.  



His mom’s family came down from Minnesota and we all suffered together.  I’m not saying we suffered because graduations are boring, this graduation was special.  First of all, it was outside at 10:00.  (We were the lucky ones, the other ceremonies were at 2 and 5:30)  Maybe this is an unusual year and there’s no way they could have predicted that, but it was terribly humid, and hot.  It had to have been at least 80 degrees.  They did not bother to cut the grass so it was long and scratchy.  There were millions of gnats that flew at you with every step you took, and dead ones all over the chairs.  The only shade was way in the back, or on the side reserved for handicapped people.  So I sat with Chris while everyone else ran away to the back with the shade, and we complained the whole time.  I was cranky enough, but then people had to stand up in front of me, taking pictures and video (which technically they weren’t allowed to do) and I said out loud “if anyone is standing in front of me while Matt walks across stage I am gonna flip shit!” Also those horrid air horns kept going off so I loudly proclaimed my dislike. Thankfully everyone was seated while Matt walked across. I know this all sounds incredibly mature, but pregnant Julie is not a very good audience member in the hot hot sun. 

After the university tortured us, we were treated to lunch at Charleston’s and my parents, Michelle and the kids came.  The kids had fun with Matt’s cousin, so I think next time he comes down I would like to take them to the zoo or somewhere fun together.  Then it was nap time, so I went home and slept for 2 hours because 20 minutes doesn’t cut it right now.  Matt didn’t want a cake because he doesn’t like all the attention focused on him, so I told him he was selfish and maybe the rest of us wanted cake!  So I bought some random cupcakes at target because these were the least obnoxious ones.  

I don’t like tons of different bright colored frosting; most of them looked disgusting.  I told Matt they were pregnancy craving cupcakes, not graduation cupcakes.  So we hung out with his family and I went to Nebraska furniture mart with his mom and aunts. 

The next day we ate at Red Robin, saw the avengers with Chris, and they took me to my first comic book store.  It was the ultimate nerd experience.  The Avengers was really good (Joss Whedon wrote and directed it, so I expected no less.)  I decided Captain America is my favorite because he’s hot, God fearing and patriotic.  I was trying to decide between him and Thor the whole time.

The baby is doing well, he really likes my ribs and stretching on my right side.  Next week we will get a really good look at him on the ultrasound.  I can’t wait!  I told Matt it felt like my bump shrank but he said “believe me, it hasn’t.”  Thanks?


Only one more week and I will be in my third trimester!

No comments: