Thursday, April 25, 2013

A visit from Eric and the end of an era

     Today we had dinner with some old co-workers. I had to drive downtown by myself, which scared the crap out of me.  Thank goodness for the street view on google maps.  It let me know what to expect and helped me plan the easiest route there.  It was a nice dinner.  Something about the place reminded me of Eric; there were a lot of people that dressed similarly to him.  It made me miss him but I'm so glad we got to see him last weekend!  Adrian really liked him and they got to hang out for a little while.  I think Eric's calm demeanor helped his case; also the fact that he is an awesome uncle.
Is this not the cutest outfit you've ever seen?  Props to my mom.  Also note his trend of only wearing one sock.  Kids these days.
     I went back and forth with myself over the decision to put the baby swing away.  On one hand, he still liked it, he would nap in it, and it's so cute!  On the other hand, he was starting to try to sit up and reach for the mobile.  Of course, safety wins.  I was so sad, but I'll admit my living room looks better.  The swing used to be next to the tv and my second queen anne's chair was awkwardly placed in the middle of the room so it created an L with the couch.  Now my chairs are on either side of the tv and Adrian has a huge space to roll around and crawl in.  He will be on the move any day now; we play on the floor as much as possible.  Even though I will be chasing him, I'm excited for this next stage.  He is growing so fast and I can't help but wonder if we will ever bring out that swing again.  I can't imagine being "one and done." 



     My dad's side of the family hasn't met Adrian yet, so we are planning on visiting soon.  He will definitely be crawling then; if not, he'll learn as he runs away from the giant mosquitos.  Seriously, those suckers go through jeans!  Despite the horrid weather and bugs, I'll be excited to see where Eric lives, and I haven't seen my family for a long time.

No comments: