Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter 2013

     I just realized that my baby turned 8 months today.  I'll have to do his monthly pictures when he wakes up, but until then I'll do an Easter post.


     On Saturday we went to the mall so Matt could find a french cuffed shirt.  They are apparently hard to find in slim fit.  No one wants to bother I suppose. We had Chinese food for lunch and we had dinner at Matt's parent's house and watched the movie "Date Night."  Unfortunately Adrian was cranky that day since he didn't get enough of a nap.


     The next morning we went to church.  Our church did one service at an arena, so there were about 3000 people there (I was told.)  It was very joyful and uplifting. Easter is one of my favorite times of the year.  Adrian got his Easter basket.  We decided that we won't stress the Easter bunny's existence.  He'll get a basket but we really want the focus to be on Jesus.  We don't want the secular part of the holiday to take over.

     Next we went to my parent's where I was prepared to help cook but it wasn't really needed.  So I set the table instead.  Aunt Patty and Michelle's family came and we ate an early dinner.  Michelle found these cool eggs that are filled with confetti, and Caroline had a hunt for them.  I was disappointed in the weather.  It was sunny, but too cold to hang out outside.  We were sad that Eric couldn't be there but hopefully he can come visit soon. (ERIC COME VISIT SOON!!)  Our mom let us have her Easter decorations since we're the ones with little kids now.  I got a couple cute sheep and a bunny that sings and moves his ears.  Yes, I know I just said we would focus on Jesus but the bunny SINGS!  I don't think four decorations will distract us from the meaning of Jesus' resurrection.


     So we had a wonderful Easter.  I took a few pictures of Adrian outside but he was mad so he's crying in all but one.

No comments: