Friday, June 21, 2013

Sorry, your crap isn't good enough for me

bluahh
My polite reaction to the crap people try to sell.
     
     Two weeks ago, Michelle and I went to a few garage sales.  It's a little awkward at first, especially when you look around and don't buy anything.  "Sorry, your crap isn't good enough for me."  I mean, I'm a hoarder and I saw junk that even I would throw away. We did find a couple of good places.  I got a toy for Adrian that's worth $50 new because I got so many extra balls with it, which are expensive.  It's a Fisher Price gumball machine.  I paid $12.  I also got some Christmas ornaments that are like my favorite ones from my parent's house, only different colors.



     Then I got this for $2 and three books for $1.  


     Actually, I gave the second chick a $20 bill and didn't realize until we drove off that she owed me $5.  I've learned my lesson.  Michelle got a table and chairs for a really good price, some clothes, ornaments, and I can't remember what else but she did well.  Adrian and Hudson were good sports.  It was a beautiful day for garage sales.  I watched Caroline and Hudson while Michelle picked her furniture up and I think Adrian had a lot of fun.  Hudson liked the jumperoo, and he seems to love his tummy.  He kept rolling onto it when I put him down.  There are times when you can tell how much Michelle's kids love each other, and it's so sweet.  I hope Adrian can have that kind of relationship one day.  Hint hint, nudge nudge.  Just kidding, Matt never reads this.

     Adrian and I went grocery shopping and I think it was my most successful trip. I planned all our meals, and we've tried some new things.  I wasn't looking forward to shopping without Matt but I liked it a lot.  Normally he complains because of the way I just throw everything in the cart without any order, and he asks several times if we are done yet.  Adrian is more pleasant on these trips than Matthew.  


     I am getting so close to finishing Aunt Patty's blanket.  I haven't met the deadline I gave myself but I'll be done very soon.  All I have to do is the border now.  

I made strawberry shortcake.  Mmmmmm.

     A couple weekends ago, Matt worked the mornings on Saturday and Sunday, and he had Monday and Friday off so it almost felt like a four day weekend because we got so much time together.  It gave him time to finally hang most of our pictures and it feels so much better in the house.  There's one shelf that feels cluttered to me, but once I figure out how to decorate it I can show pictures of the living room and the kitchen.  My next project will be to finish Adrian's curtains and bed skirt, then I'll do the dining room curtains.  I want to get those done for his birthday party.  Wish me luck!
     

No comments: