Sunday, August 11, 2013

Adrian's first birthday; ombre blue whale party


     Adrian is one year old!  I'll do his one year picture post tomorrow.  Here is his birthday party though.  It is a blue ombre whale theme.  I had a lot of fun planning this party but I don't think I'll go all out very often.    I don't have any pictures of the actual party, I'll have to beg them from the grandparents.  I do have pictures of the decorations, cakes and food.  So here you go:

(The smash cake video is at the end)

Sign I made.  Matt made templates of the banner pieces and whales for me.



Present table

Banner I made with streamers.  I taped each of them on a string while watching Supernatural reruns.  

I made all of the tissue paper pom poms myself.

Matt promised this would be teal.  He lied.  This is raspberry lemonade kool-aide and sprite.  He should have added lemonade to it.  It was still good though.

Smash cake


I made this cake.


Awesome cake made by Michelle!







Cucumber sandwiches

Chicken salad sandwiches



The kids got different favors since they were all different ages.  Most of them got goldfish crackers, they all got a beachball and some animals that squirt water.  Hudson got a baby book and Coco got bugs.

I got flustered and didn't get my regular camera out to take pictures.  Thank goodness my phone does a pretty good job.

     Matt had to work until half an hour after the party started, so my mom came and helped me.  Adrian refused to take a nap so he was exhausted and cranky at the party.  We opened presents and had cake, but we couldn't do the smash cake.  So here is a video of the smash cake as promised.  It didn't last very long, I think my laugh scared him.  


No comments: