Thursday, August 22, 2013

Why are you listening to angry music?

     On our way back from buying that shelf the other day, Matt was listening to Rage Against the Machine:

Me: "why are you listening to angry music?"
Matt:"Because I just went shopping."

   He cracks me up.  Some of his coworkers have been wanting to meet me.  We got invited to play a card game with a couple of them and some of their friends.  Matt's parents watched Adrian and Matt tried to prepare me for what his colleagues might say.  He attempted to get me to speak with a spanish accent but I don't know how to do any accents, unless you count the way those up north sometimes say their "O's".  I think all they knew about me was that I'm hispanic and I put up with Matt.  I had a fun time and I beat Matt at the card game so that's all that matters.

     I don't have any pictures to go with this post so I threw in some random ones here and there.


     When Matt had his man night I told him that he could take me shopping to make up for it.  So we went to this new consignment shop that opened close to our house.  It's for kids and Michelle had good luck there.  It has only been open for two weeks.  The prices were very good, I got all of this for $20:

Matt always loves those sweater vests.  I'm over them, but Matt doesn't give a lot of input on Adrian's clothes so I normally buy what he does pick out.

     I really liked the store.  They are still stocking the clothes so there wasn't a lot to choose from in Adrian's size yet, but there will be later.  I'll definitely go back.  


     After that store we went to Red Robin and then JCPenney. Matt and Adrian went to the shoes while I was across the aisle in the baby clothes.  Some chick that worked there was hovering around Matt, talking to Adrian while Adrian was freaking out about a stranger being near him.  I got annoyed, and she kept asking "where's your mom?" and talking to Matt. I know she probably didn't mean anything but bitches need to stay away from my men.


     Finally, we went to Anne Taylor Loft.  They were having a 40% off sale.  This was the first time that I've ever seen them put jewelry in with my clothes in the fitting room.  When I saw it I thought "good play Anne Taylor, good play".  Then I thought one of the necklaces looked really pretty with the dark red shirt I wanted.  Then I bought the damn necklace because I fell for the ploy.  I normally don't pay attention to jewelry to be honest, but it does wonders for a plain shirt and my self esteem.

No comments: