Saturday, January 28, 2012

13 Weeks! Plus last weekends shenanagins

How far along? 13 weeks, I just told you
Total weight gain: I have no idea but considering I keep feeling like I’m starving, then get sick when I put food to my face, I can’t imagine I’ve gained anything.
Maternity clothes?  Needing the belly band again because I can’t button my pants.  Also, 90% of my dresses don’t fit anymore. I figured this out when I was getting ready for church and couldn’t zip it up due to my growing chest.  TMI?  Well you asked.
Best pregnancy moment this week: Getting to the 2nd trimester!
Miss Anything? Being able to eat whatever I want, specifically fried rice, burgers, pizza.   
Movement: Maybe by the end of February?
Food cravings: Tacos, breakfast burritos, baked potatoes
Food aversions: Breaded chicken, pizza, still anything greasy or unhealthy
Gender: Still saying girl
Symptoms: I normally just get a stomach ache at mealtimes and especially at night.  I’m not as tired, but when I get hungry it’s out of the blue and I’m just all of a sudden starving. No warning.
Looking forward to: getting a baby bump!


     Last weekend we went to visit Anakin.  I got to hold him first and he was so tiny and cute!  I was a little nervous because I forgot which ways you can hold a newborn.  I mostly just remembered to support his head. I forgot how heavy 7 pounds is though, I can’t believe in a few months I will have that weight in my uterus.  And I thought my back hurt now!  Anyways, it was really fun seeing them.  Matt held him too and was a little scared, it was his first time holding a newborn and he hasn’t held many babies at all in his life.
     Before I was pregnant I watched a couple documentaries that made me leery of epidurals, even though I knew they were very biased on natural childbirth.  But I have to say, after reading Jill’s birth story and seeing Anakin’s (perfectly normal sized) head in person, I decided I’m just going to get a damn epidural.  Jill got to play pretty contentedly on her Ipad for much of her labor instead of writhing in pain for several hours, so I figured I would rather have that kind of birthing experience.  At least with the first one, maybe I’ll get brave next time and say "bring it on!"
     After that we went to a get-together at Emilee and Aaron’s place.  We watched “The Office” and “Hallpass” and I had a caffeine free soda (Did you know it tastes the same as regular soda? WOOT!) while everyone else enjoyed some gummy bears soaked in vodka.  A couple of Aarons friends came that I recognized from Peru, but had never talked to.  Seth came too, it was fun! 
     On Sunday I went to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D but I wasn’t all that impressed.  It just wasn’t made to be 3D in the first place.  I’m not a fan of 3D anyways, I just thought it would be fun to see it in the theater again.  Now I’ve had the songs stuck in my head all week. 
     Tomorrow I want to share my new project but I'm too lazy to take a picture of the fabric right now and I don't want to make my post too long.  

1 comment:

Jill said...

epidurals are amazing. this time around i had no bruise and where i was injected wasnt even sore afterwards. it was basically like getting the IV. easy peasy. if you decide to get an epidural, you will love it :)

i hope you start to feel better soon and you can finally start eating again!