Monday, January 16, 2012

At least I'm honest (or, Julie the music snob)

     My friend Jill had her baby, Anakin, last Wednesday!  I’m hoping to visit this Saturday.  It feels like we waited forever for him to be born.  My baby will only be about 7 months younger, I’m sure they will be friends!  Although I bet they will be a grade apart.

     Yesterday we went to Target for some random things and I told Matt I wanted to stop by the baby section and look at the strollers and swings in person.  I’ve been looking online but they don’t let you zoom very far.  This was obviously torture for Matt because it isn’t a very manly section and heaven forbid anyone knows he is going to be a father.  He would rather be in the more mature toy section by the Legos and super heroes.

     There’s a bird/dog themed pattern that I kind of like there.  I figure I should probably get unisex gear that I can use for all my kids.  (Sometimes being practical is boring.)  Most of what I saw would work for either sex though, so it’s not going to be difficult. I think the bird mobile is adorable.


     I bought an Everly Brothers CD last night.  They are known for such hits as:
*Bye Bye Love
*All I Have to Do is Dream
*Wake Up Little Susie

     I got it in my head that the first songs the baby hears in-utero will be 50s/60s.  Not that it will make any difference in his life but it’s a start to getting way more musically cultured than his/her father.  I wont leave the other decades out though, they are all awesome!  I grew up with tons of music, music is a big deal. Matt is mostly apathetic.  I LOVE Sam Cooke so I want some of that too.  In all likelihood the first music the baby will hear will probably be me singing to Death Cab For Cutie in the car because I'm pretty obsessed with them right now. At least I'm honest.

No comments: