Tuesday, March 13, 2012

19 weeks and a busy weekend

  • How far along? 19 weeks
  • Total weight gain: I must be gaining weight, we went to Ruby Tuesdays with Emilee and Aaron on Saturday and I ate everything on my plate.  I was still eating while everyone else was finished and I was the only one that got a drink refill.  Then I felt like the fat friend.
  • Maternity clothes?  I looked for pants at target this weekend and then got bored.  I’m wearing maternity shirts though, and I wore a dress to the symphony on Saturday.
  • Best moment this week:  Seeing baby move from the outside.  Then seeing Matt get freaked out that he could see baby move from the outside.     
  • Miss Anything? Sleeping on my back/stomach.  Also, did you know Burger King got rid of chicken fries?  Wtf?  Now they have “tenders” which look like their nuggets only bigger and I’m afraid to try them.  Why do people do this to pregnant women? 
  • Movement: Getting stronger!  Also I can feel different kinds of movements; I just don’t know what they are yet.
  • Food cravings: Slushies and subway   
  • Food aversions: I’m afraid to say they went away, but for the most part fried foods just aren’t appealing.  I was able to eat pizza the other day; you should have seen Matt’s face light up when I asked if he wanted to get pizza.
  • Gender: 2 weeks!  Give or take a couple days.  It will be nice to settle on a name and know who is in there.
  • Symptoms: Back aches, and if you thought I was a klutz before, you should see me now.
  • Belly Button in or out? Slowly getting shallower.  I’m scared because I have a sensitive belly button.
  • Looking forward to: March 28th, and Easter!

Maybe it's my posture that makes them look different? or the angle?  I don't know, I just feel like I look bigger in person.

We had a pretty busy weekend.  

     On Saturday I went to my friend Anna’s bridal shower.  I was so glad I knew several other people there and I got to sit with girls from church.  One of the bridesmaids is also pregnant, but I think 3 weeks further along than me.  It’s nice to have someone to relate to; she goes to our church as well so I’m sure we will keep getting to know each other better.  I have some strange obsession with home goods; it must be that domestic goddess inside of me.  So I had fun seeing what Anna got.  I get way too excited about fiesta ware.  They have SO many colors, and so many kinds of dishes to choose from.  Anna registered for a few pretty colors so I had to get one.  My fiesta ware is yellow, red and a lime green.  I let Matt choose because I knew he would be more creative than me.  So our kitchen is red and yellow.  It’s a nice change from all the blue I picked out in the other rooms. 

     After the shower we went to Ruby Tuesdays with Emilee and Aaron who were hanging out in Omaha for the day. I told Emilee that Matt says I’m not allowed to get re-married if he dies, nor am I allowed to be the crazy cat lady with 20 cats.  I’m not sure what my other options are; he took away my top choices.  I asked how he plans to enforce it and he said he will get the help of our children and his parents.  Or he will have a Viking funeral. I think he forgot what country we are in.  Emilee said Aaron isn’t allowed to get re-married either.  So I told Emilee that if Aaron gets remarried I’ll hang out with him and his new wife and talk about Emilee the whole time so no one ever forgets.  

     After dinner we changed and went to see Ronan Tynon and the Omaha symphony at the Holland center.  My parents took us.  He was really funny and had a beautiful voice.  I forgot how much I love the symphony, it’s been so long.  There were lots of old people there, which was nice because that means there were more dressed up people than people wearing jeans.  I hate when people wear jeans to these events.  That’s the biggest downside to Nebraska; no one cares what they look like.  It’s evening; you’re in a theater, put on some dress pants at least.  I’ve seen more dressed up people at bars.  Anyways, it was a fun night and I got to wear my new maternity dress. 

     On Sunday I crocheted and watched the X-files while Matt did his homework; it was a glorious day.  I just love quiet rainy days.

No comments: