Monday, March 12, 2012

A wedding and a life lesson

    Michelle and Joe got married February 29th.  We had the ceremony in our living room and mom and Michelle made a pretty background out of flowers, ribbon and tulle.  It was a really small event, just their parents, siblings and children.  Christian walked Michelle to the altar and Caroline walked ahead with a flower in her hand; it was so sweet.  They had their own vows and had already tattooed their rings on.  Michelle made several flowers out of ribbon and lace for her bouquet and it was beautiful.  Caroline wouldn’t cooperate with pictures but Christian did; here are a few pictures from the day:  



I had issues with the lighting, I was under the impression that this looked less dark and more true-to-life.  

Like I said, Coco wouldn't cooperate so she gets a  bad picture online.  Take that. She looked very cute though, it's too bad I couldn't get a good picture.





     After the ceremony they had a champagne toast and everyone chatted while we waited for our dinner reservation at Jaipur, an Indian restaurant.  The food was good; it was my first time eating Indian food. Almost all the appetizers were fried though, and they were huge.  Baby didn’t like that part. 

     Before the wedding I had to go to the social security office to change my last name.  I know, it took 9 months and that’s shameful.  I searched for our marriage certificate forever, and finally found it in my closet.  We need a filing system really bad.  So Matt drove me to the office (thank goodness) and my phone went off in the building.  I didn’t see the sign that said “turn all electronic devices off” or whatever it said so that was the first strike against me.  Then I didn’t hear the first time they called my number.  Then I finally went to counter and handed my application and marriage certificate to her and she said “this is the keepsake, not the legal document.”  Then I banged my head repeatedly on the counter.  Actually I timidly said “oops, I didn’t realize that, I’ll find it” and slinked off.  So we drove all the way back to Papillion, got two copies of our certificate, and successfully changed my name with SS.  But then I realized that I had already filed my taxes, and they would probably get confused and we might not get our whole refund.  That’s what the information sheet says that came with my marriage certificate.

     The moral of the story is: don’t lose your marriage certificate, and change your ss number right away so you don’t screw up your taxes or tick off the IRS. 

1 comment:

Jill said...

michelle's dress is gorgeous- i love it!
ugh, changing your name is such a pain. hopefully your tax refund isn't effected. but horray that your name change is "official!"