Monday, March 26, 2012

7 year anniversary

Oh how things have changed.  I tried to find something interesting in my journal to post, but it's not really interesting.  It's pretty short and to the point when it comes to Matt asking me out.  However I looked further back and saw a few interesting things:

*Matt's attempts at impressing me consisted of burping the alphabet backwards, and pretending there was an evil monkey in his locker so I would go with him to protect him.  Don't I know how to pick 'em?

*High school love is embarrassingly dramatic.  Like when Matt was leaving for a Taekwondo tournament all weekend: "Sacre bloody bleu, I might as well be dead"

*"Matt said hi to me today" is apparently worthy of mention several times in my journal.

*Matt actually asked another girl to prom before he asked me.  He was scared to ruin our friendship.  So once he decided he really wanted to go with me, he still had to wait forever for her answer.  Thank goodness she had other plans.  Doesn't sound very romantic though does it? Second choice.

*Journal quote from after our first date "I'm so happy, I feel like skipping or whatever"

     Although I'm glad I have a record of our beginnings, there is no part of me that misses high school.  I'm blessed to still be friends with my closest high school buddies, and now Matt is my husband, Chris is my brother-in-law, Tom is coming to visit this weekend, and Laura and Scott still live in town.  The only difference is a slight increase in maturity and more freedom.  So what's there to miss?

No comments: