Sunday, March 18, 2012

Half Baked

I am 20 weeks pregnant!  Baby is half baked, but not in the naughty way. 

I feel constant movement, the other night Matt had his hand on my belly and the baby was so active, he just kept kicking and flipping or something.  I can’t tell what he is doing but it’s getting stronger and more frequent all the time.  To me a lot of the movement feels like muscle twitches.  Those movements can get kind of annoying, I’m ashamed to admit. 

We have had such beautiful weather lately.  I can’t wait until the baby can see the sunshine and smell the rain.  The weather makes me want to open up all my windows and let the fresh air in and get my house sparkly clean. 

I love the pastel colors that come with Easter.  Matt doesn’t like Easter decorations because they take the focus away from Jesus.  So I’ll have to make do with some pretty sweets and maybe a wreath. I’ve seen some yarn wreaths people have been making, so I bought some yarn and felt this weekend to make my own.  Here is some of my inspiration:

 I started my wreath and finished the fabric canvas project I started a couple months ago.  I'm making progress on the blanket too!  

     On Friday we had a surprise birthday dinner for our friend Katie.  It was at a sushi place so we had chinese food first, which was delicious.  Well Katie was mad at her boyfriend all day because he had told her he made plans too late and no one could come.  So she was very happy to see us waiting for her when she walked in.  I'll never go back though, the hostess looked 16 and she was a total snob. Most of the staff seemed stuck up.  After dinner we hung out with Bart and some of his friends.  

     I was a little disappointed that everyone seemed to be going out on saturday and we were "stuck" at home.  I would have been miserable at a crowded bar though, it's not like I was missing anything.  I worked on my wreath while Matt played video games.  Today I went to the park with my mom and Caroline, who got tired after about 15 minutes.  It was hot though, I was glad to sit in the shade at my parents house instead while Coco played.  I really need some summer clothes.
  • How far along? 20 weeks
  • Total weight gain: We finally got a scale!  I gained 2 pounds since february 28th.  With the way I've been eating, weight gain wont be a problem.
  • Maternity clothes?  I need shorts!  I'm wearing mostly maternity clothes or empire waist clothes now.  
  • Best moment this week:  Enjoying the gorgeous weather! 
  • Miss Anything? Sleeping on my back, not having a backache
  • Movement: She's a little mover and shaker.  If only I could identify some of the movements.
  • Food cravings: BLTs, pancakes
  • Food aversions: Nada!
  • Gender: 10 days!  I'm so excited for either gender.
  • Symptoms: Just my back, I imagine it will get a lot worse but it's all worth it.
  • Belly Button in or out? I imagine it will be out within a month
  • Looking forward to: March 28th!  


No comments: