Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A swollen lip, and back to crafting

   

     Yesterday I woke up at 6:00 AM and my lip was swollen.  Just the upper lip; it looked like I got botox. I have no idea what caused it. Anything I could have been allergic to, I would have come in contact with hours before.  I've also been getting random hives though so maybe this is all some sort of lasting postpartum gift.  Just in case the stretch marks and hair loss weren't enough.  Adrian had no reaction which is good...I guess.  I mean, I looked freakish so what does that say about the rest of the time? I'm still getting over a cold so my voice does not sound normal.  Just when I was convinced that I would be stuck with it for two weeks (thank you Google) the swelling started to go down and it was gone by bedtime.  At least it didn't hurt or itch, and I didn't have to leave the house.  I would have died if Adrian had a doctor appointment that day.


     Today I played catch-up with housework. Also I started to work on one of the several projects I have lined up. First is a blanket I started for my aunt...a year and a half ago. So much fail.  To be fair, pregnancy and the beginning of motherhood took a lot out of me. Now I'm excited to get back into crocheting!  When I  finish the blanket I have a list of other projects:

  • Adrian's bedroom curtains
  • Adrian's crib skirt
  • Dining room curtains
  • Painted quotes on canvas for Adrian's room
  • Some bird art for either the bathroom or dining room; I haven't decided yet.
  • A summer wreath
     Also Eric asked me to make him a wreath so once I figure out what kind to make, I'll do that too.  I'm so excited to have projects lined up!  I can normally clean the house pretty fast and I do one or two big things every day.  So I have time while Adrian is napping or when he's having a little bit of quiet time.


     Speaking of Adrian, he is doing well at sitting up by himself.  It will last for a couple minutes at least.  He doesn't hate being on his belly so much anymore and he's attempting to get things out of his reach.  Did I mention that he knows how to wave?  It's so cute.  He's done it four times so it's not a coincidence. I know he's not old enough to learn the alphabet but I still sing the song, and I go through the alphabet using all the sounds the letters make.  Yesterday I got to Z and he started laughing.  Zzzzzzzzz is a funny sound.                                                                                                          

No comments: